Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration
The Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration is designed to provide the knowledge and skills necessary for a successful career in business administration. The program includes general education courses, technology-related courses, and courses in the business major. Major courses include (but are not limited to) studies in accounting, business ethics, business and corporate finance, business law, economics, entrepreneurship, human resource management, international management, marketing, operations management, organizational leadership, organizational behavior, organizational theory, quantitative analysis, statistical analysis, and strategic management, among others. As with our other programs, there is a strong emphasis on Biblical values and Theological education, as well as General Education. Courses in the Business major will be taught through the lenses of Christian principles.
Program Requirements Summary
|Length:||Approximately 12 Quarters or 4 years|
|General Education Course Requirements:||68 quarter units|
|Bible and Theology Course Requirements:||20 quarter units of interdisciplinary business courses to fulfill the Bible and Theology requirements)|
|Core Major Courses||76 quarter units|
|Free electives in Major||16 quarter units|
|Total Units Required for Graduation||180 quarter units|
Program Learning Outcomes:
Upon the completion of the Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration (BABA) degree program at Sierra States University, the student will be able to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Apply ethical and legal principles to a business environment
- Conduct independent research relevant to business-related issues
- Demonstrate written and oral presentation skills expected of a business-school graduate
- Develop a global business perspective based on the knowledge of foreign business environments and cultures
- Integrate the knowledge acquired in the program within a life of Christian service to the local and global community.
Applicants must meet the following minimum requirements to be considered for admission to the Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration program, submitting proper documentation to the office of admission by the appropriate deadline:
- Applicants for admission must be in possession of, or have candidacy for, a high school diploma or GED, and must submit official transcripts and/or copy of diploma for their high school degree, as well as any college level work they have completed, if applicable.
- A completed application form for admission
- Students whose native language is not English must meet the language proficiency requirements delineated elsewhere in the catalog.
- Application fee
- Recommendation Form