Master of Business Administration
The Master of Business Administration is designed for professionals whose career and management responsibilities exceed a single functional specialty, and who require higher levels of knowledge and skills in the field to sharpen their competency spectrum. The emphasis is on providing students with an interdisciplinary, integrated, and applied approach where complex organizational knowledge and managerial skills are mastered. This objective of the program is meant to provide an executive-level of critical thinking and systematic thought, team building, decision making, and leadership.
The program includes ten (10) pre-determined core business courses and two (2) elective courses that every student can select from a list of courses offered by the School of Business Administration at Sierra States University based upon their own interests and concentration focus in the varied areas of business administration. For purposes of these two elective courses, every student may opt for any combination of graduate-level elective courses offered by the School of Business Administration at Sierra States University, choosing from anyone of three academic areas: International Business, Leadership, and Marketing.
The core business courses include (but are not limited to) studies in accounting, business ethics, business law, finance, human resource management, international business, organizational management, strategic management, and statistical analysis. Every course has an emphasis on ethical business behavior and conduct as well as responsible business practices in an increasingly-pluralistic, global society. As with our other programs, there is a strong emphasis on Biblical values and Theological education. Courses in the Business major will be taught through the lenses of Christian principles.
Program Requirements Summary
|Length:||Approximately 2 Years|
|Core Courses in Business Administration:||20 Quarter units|
|Elective Courses in Business Administration:||28 Quarter units|
|Total Business Credit Requirements:||48 Quarter units|
|Bible and Theology Requirements:||12 Quarter units|
|Total Units Required for Graduation||60 quarter units|
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the Master of Religious Business Administration program of study at Sierra States University, the student will be able to demonstrate the following competencies:
1. Demonstrate the ability to analyze the evolving nature of corporations
2. Practice managerial leadership and organizational change
3. Determine and measure an organization’s intellectual assets and identify how product development merges with entrepreneurship
4. Demonstrate the ability to manage and administer a business organization with a clear embodiment of Christian ethics and a lifestyle of Christian service in his/her business practices.
Applicants must meet the following minimum requirements to be considered for admission to the Master of Business Administration program, submitting proper documentation to the office of admission by the appropriate deadline:
1. Applicants for admission must hold a Bachelor of Arts or equivalent degree from a university or college with at least a cumulative grade point average of 2.75 (4.00 scale), and must submit official transcripts for their academic work.
2. A completed application form for admission
3. Students whose native language is not English must meet the language proficiency requirements delineated elsewhere in the catalog.
4. Application fee
5. Recommendation Form