Bachelor of Computer Information Systems
The Bachelor of Computer Information Systems program blends theory and practice to prepare its graduates for successful careers in fields such as software systems development, e-commerce, computer system administration, and network administration. The program focuses on the application of information technology to facilitate the management and operation of organizations. In addition to general education courses required of all undergraduates, the CIS major concentrates on computing and network technology, business ethics, business finance, quantitative analysis, statistical analysis, strategic management, and the organization context in which these technologies are employed to solve business problems. As with our other programs, there is a strong emphasis on Biblical values and Theological education, as well as General Education. Courses in the Business major will be taught through the lenses of Christian principles.
Program Requirements Summary
|Length:||Approximately 16 quarters or 4 years|
|General Education Course Requirements:||68 quarter units|
|Bible and Theology Course Requirements:||20 quarter units|
|Computer Information Systems Requirement:||92 quarter units|
|Total Units Required for Graduation:||180 quarter units|
Program Learning Outcomes:
Upon the completion of the Bachelor of Computer Information Systems (BCIS) degree program at Sierra States University, the student will be able to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Apply knowledge of information systems and business management technologies to a business environment
- Design, implement and test a business solution through the application of information technology
- Demonstrate an awareness of emerging technologies, and effective oral, written communication skills in business and technical settings
- Demonstrate an understanding of how technology integrates with other disciplines, including but not limited to science, management, communications and marketing
- Integrate the knowledge acquired in the program within a life of Christian service to the local and global community.
Applicants must meet the following minimum requirements to be considered for admission to theBachelor of Computer Information Systems program, submitting proper documentation to the office of admission by the appropriate deadline:
- Applicants for admission must be in possession of, or have candidacy for, a high school diploma or GED, and must submit official transcripts and/or copy of diploma for their high school degree, as well as any college level work they have completed, if applicable.
- A completed application form for admission
- Students whose native language is not English must meet the language proficiency requirements delineated elsewhere in the catalog.
- Application fee
- A Recommendation Form